Founded in 1976, De Laas Gul (DLG) is one of the leading Non-Profit Development Organizations of Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa (NWFP), with deep trenched and far reaching social interventions in the region. Head quartered in Peshawar, DLG is implementing a human resource development program at the grass roots level that is based on three essential requisites of social advancement and poverty alleviation i.e. education, skills enhancement and social awareness.
Through its program, DLG is reaching out to thousands of beneficiaries in the region, especially under privileged women and children who constitute our essential target group.Taking a holistic approach towards social development, the broader goal of the DLG program is to promote whole communities while extending support to selected target groups.
To address the socio-economic and political empowerment of the community at large, particularly women and children, they being the weaker and vulnerable segments of society
- Promote and provide education, skills training and enterprise development services, especially for women and children
- Raise awareness and acceptance of human rights in its different forms
- To implement a cohesive programme of human resources development with a focus on education, skill training and awareness raising about health issues.
- To raise awareness about rights among marginalized communities through a strong advocacy programme.
- To implement a comprehensive programme of evaluation policies to assist public sector institutions to respond to the needs of the marginalized people.